State Fair Employment Opportunities
Please check back next year for employment opportunities at the 2012 California State Fair.
Are you interested in being part of a team that hosts an annual party for over one million guests?Find out more information about seasonal positions available at the California State Fair.
Positions Available at the State Fair
Check back often for updated job postings.
All applications and handbooks are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
|Position||Tenure/Timebase||Final Filing Date|
- Complete application and submit it to the Human Resources Office (HR Office) by mail or in person. Cal Expo Human Resources Office, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815.
- Application will be reviewed and given to the supervisor of the position listed as your first choice on the application.
- Supervisor will review your application and contact you by telephone or mail for an interview.
- You will either be selected for the position or your application will be referred to your second choice.
- If selected, the offer is contingent upon your successful completion of the entire hiring process. You will be contacted to complete the required paperwork and must have the information listed under the heading "Documents Required Prior to Employment".
- You may be fingerprinted (at no charge to you) and your fingerprint record will be sent to the Department of Justice. Once your record has been received you will be contacted regarding the next step of the process.
If you are selected for employment you will be required to furnish documents that establish identity and eligibility to work in the United Sates, in compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1986.
Prior to beginning employment, you must furnish one of the items from list #1 only. Or if you do not have the documents in List #1 below, then you must provide one of the items from List #2 and one from List #3. The most common documents provided by applicants are the California Driver’s License and a Social Security Card.
- 1. Documents that Establish Both Identify and Employment Eligibility U.S. Passports Certificate of U.S. Citizenship Certificate of Naturalization
- 2. Documents that Establish Identity Driver’s License or ID Card School ID Card with photo U.S. Military Card
- 3. Documents that Establish Employment Eligibility Social Security Card Birth Certificate (original or certified copy) U.S Citizen ID Card
If you are under the age of 18 and still in high school, you will be required to furnish a completed Work Permit before you begin employment. You can obtain a work permit from the District Office of the school you are attending.
The California Exposition & State Fair Human Resources Office is located in the Administration Building at 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, California 95815. To locate the office, enter the fairgrounds through Gate D, off of Challenge Way, proceed across the two speed bumps and turn right, follow the blue and white signs to the Administration Building, Enter Gate 3, park in the lot to your left, enter the building and ask the receptionist to direct you to the Human Resources Office. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The telephone number is (916) 263-3114. Job Line Telephone Number is 263-3030.
The California Exposition & State Fair is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation. It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free State workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.